Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Hobbies

With all this snow around, it's a good time to stay inside, sip cocoa, download music and work on my hobbies. I like to decoupage. As a kid I loved taking elmers glue and spreading it all over my hand, blow it dry then see if I could peel it off in one piece and see my fingerprints. I wasted a lot of glue doing that. Now I just glue stuff together or use it as a glaze to protect and age things. Here are some pics of a few things I decoupaged.
This is a cheap 99 cent light fixture in my second bedroom. I found the picture in a National Geographic. Cut it to fit and viola, it matches the flower arrangement.

Here's another light fixture. I used mulberry paper and real leaves that I painted first then decoupaged. Oh, the pic of the bear is a greeting card and the frame is made of twigs from my front yard.

This was a plain cardboard box. I painted it then used real leaves lightly dipped in paint and used as a stamp then found this faery pick in a used book I bought at a garage sale.


This is a livingroom window that I love and didn't want to cover up but had too many looky loos staring in at me so I found handmade paper, tinted it with watered down paint and decoupaged it right to the glass panes. The flowers at the top have since been replaced with a wine velvet top panel with jeweled fringe.


Here's one more light fixture in my kitchen. I used an 88 cent sheet of gift tissue to make this one. Feel free to respond and tell me what you think or better yet, tell me about one of your hobbies.

3 Comments:

Blogger Freak Magnet said...

They look excellent. I never got into the decoupage craze, but your stuff is making me re-think that decision.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Crestline Kathy said...

LOL...how did you find me?

Kathy...aka Livi

7:54 PM  
Blogger Freak Magnet said...

I think you left a comment on my blog.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home