Sunday, April 02, 2006

I'm "Hooked" On Sushi


Yes, me, the Oklahoma girl who always thought of sushi as bait is hooked. A little over a year ago I decided to quit being a baby and try it just once so I can get these California "what, you've never had sushi?" people off my back.


I went with Regina who got me started with salmon since I already liked it cooked. It was good but awkward to eat, I was surprised that I liked it though and slowly I started wanting it more. Recently a new sushi place opened up near my home and I'm addicted now.



My favorites are the maki rolls, especially the crunchy rolls. The Dragon Roll is spicy and has eel on it, the Salmon rolls have lot's of flavor. Nigiri is good too, especially the salmon and yellowfin tuna. If you are new to sushi and are leary, go with something you already know like a shrimp roll or crab roll but don't be afraid to try something new. Here's a website that can take the mystery out of sushi and make your first sushi experience a fun one. Oh and if you're ever in the San Bernardino Mnts area, try the Silverwood Lake Sushi Bar & Grill on highway 138. Yum or should I say Oishii!

Sushi Faq

2 Comments:

Blogger Freak Magnet said...

I like the California rolls.

But that's all I'll try. I'm too chicken for everything else.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Khiori said...

Sushi is just a fancy word for "bait" ;)

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home